Written by Dr. John Hanson, MD, a retired oncologist, Navigating Cancer provides a user-friendly, direct approach for people facing a diagnosis of cancer, as well as for those who care for them.
Questions to ask the physician include:
- What is it?
- Where is it?
- What do you propose to do? What are the treatment possibilities?
- How effective is each treatment?
- What are the costs?
- What is your recommendation?
- Can I take some time to think about it? How much time?
- What do I really want and what can I expect of life?
The book also shares eight real-life situations in which the patients used Dr. Hanson’s system of questions to navigate through their individual illnesses.